Short Story: First step

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 83 × bekeken

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Zoals sommige misschien al weten, schrijf ik fantasie verhalen als hobby. Een tijdje terug kwam m’n boek ter spraken en er waren wat mensen nieuwsgierig naar m'n verhalen. Aangezien m’n verhalen als nog al raar gezien kunnen worden, wist ik nog niet zeker of ik dat wilde delen.

Maar toch vond ik het wel leuk om iets te delen hier over. Dus heb ik een speciaal verhaaltje geschreven over Join US Community. Dit wordt niet gepubliceerd op m’n Wattpad account en is echt speciaal voor jullie. Het is family friendly en volledig gebaseerd op mijn fantasie. 

Ik schrijf alleen in Engels, dus hopelijk is dat geen probleem. Have fun!

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Come on Lüna, it's time." I said to myself while I kept staring at my laptop. The flyer was laying next to me. It was screaming to me that I had to do something with it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. But today was the day. The day I stood up for myself. 

While my heart beat hard within in my chest I slowly typed in the website. The words Welcome to the community appeared on my screen. 'Am I really going to do it now?' 

I looked around my messy bedroom. It's been too long, too long and too lonely. I had to do it, I know... Yet it was so hard to take the first step. It wasn't like I asked for it. I didn't ask to be lonely. I bit my lip frustrated. That was when I had enough of this endless doubt and I pressed on Login. 

At first nothing happend. 'Huh...' I pressed again and again. Is the site broken? Just as I was about to slam my laptop close, the lights in my bedroom started to flicker. Before I knew everything turned dark. I felt around me, but how strange... I couldn't feel the table in front of me anymore. 

I let out a scared scream when I felt myself falling of my chair. It looked like a never ending fall. When I did finally landed I was in a completely white room. I blinked a few times and looked wildly around me. 

Where was I?

How can this be...? Just a minute ago I was in my bedroom and now I'm this scary white world. Somewhere in the distance I saw someone standing. "Hey! Help!" I shouted and I ran towards the person. I couldn't really see who it was, but it almost seemed like a faceless person. But perhaps it were my bad eyes who betrayed me. 

The closer I got the further the persoon looked. Till suddenly the person was replaced by a laptop. It was my laptop. I walked slowly towards it, feeling suspicious and watched by at least a thousand eyes, while there was no one here. On the screen there stood, New Topic... And there was a space for me to type. 

Welcome Lüna to our community!

A loud voice sounded. I jumped instantly away from my laptop. All kinds of voices surrounded me. While they all said friendly things it came over as threatening. Out of pure instinct I started to run, I ran and ran. Unfortunately my body wasn't as fit as it used to be, so I was fast out of breath. 

When I calmly looked around me, I saw a door standing not far away from me. It was a random single door, not attached to anything. I walked around it. It didn't seem to lead to anything. Yet I swore I heard whispers on the other side. Again those voices. This time they seem less scary and more like whispers in the distance. 

The curiosity got the best of me and slowly I opened the door. It was just a peak but I saw a few people sitting in a circle and talking. Some were playing a game others where just talking. How strange it may sound, there were some faceless people sitting. In front of them there was a small card with a name on it. I assume their names? I leaned in to look a bit better, only for the door to make a small squeaking sound. 

Suddenly all eyes were on me. I felt the anxiety rise. Just as I was about to run away again, someone with an aquamarine name tag walked towards me. "Hey Lüna, you want to join us?" I blinked a few times before I realised this person was talking to me.

"H-how do you know my name...?" I stuttered. The person laughed slightly and pointed towards my shirt. I didn't even realise but just like the rest I had a name tag on it. Before I could say anything else, the others stood up and came towards me. They gave me compliments about my clothes and said other sweet things. I smiled slightly.

"I-I'm new here." I muttered silently. "Me too...!" A person right of me said. "I joined last week, so pretty new..." Another said. Slowly the fear inside disappeared and I gave them a bigger smile. I wasn't the only one new, that made me feel so relieved. 

I was lead to a chair and sat down. "If you want, you can tell us something about yourself. Of course this is no must. You can also listen along. Whatever makes you feel the comfortable." The person with the aquamarine name tag spoke with a soft tone. 

"I rather just listen, thanks." 

They nodded and said it was totally okay. Actually it wasn't as scary as I thought it would have been. Everyone was kind and said nice things to me. I watched as two people played games. At one point I even dared to say something about the game they were playing. And so went the evening faster then I would have expected. 

I don't know how much time when by, but at one point the person with the aquamarine name tag said that they were going to close the hang out. "Wait what?!" I cried out. The room started to flicker again. Everyone disappeared one by one and out of the blue my laptop appeared again, together with my chair and desk. I sat back on my chair and opened my laptop. 

You have 1 new mention…

As I pressed on the notification, the entire room went dark again. 'Not again!' I thought instantly. But there was nothing I could do about, but just to let it happen. When the lights turned on, I was back in my bedroom. My mom stood next me, and I jumped up from my chair. 

"How was your first hang out sweetie?" 

I ran my hands through my hair confused. Without answering her, I looked at my laptop. "So nice that you join us today Lüna." The text message said. It was the same person with the aquamarine name tag. Countless replies appeared with something similar. 

"It was really strange mom. I got sucked into this other world and there were faceless people who were playing games. But the people were really nice and welcoming." I explained to her, not that she would ever believe me. She always told me that I had too much imagination. As expected she just laughed. “I’m proud of you that you finally took the first step.” And with a smile she left my room again. 

Was it really just my imagination? I had no idea. But it was strange for sure. That was when I opened the site again and the button New Topic popped again. I sighed and let out a small chuckle, before I slowly started to type…

"Voorstellen: Lüna, 20 jaar, Utrecht..."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bedankt voor het lezen, ik vond het super leuk om te doen. Dus wellicht schrijf ik in de toekomst nog wel meer voor de community. 😊 

Ik heb geprobeerd angst en de anxiety proberen uit te beelden in een verhaal. Want ik weet dat het best wel spanned kan zijn om de community voor de eerste keer te joinen. 

x Starberry
⎯⎯⎯
© Dit is 100% geschreven door mij! Niet kopiëren of reposten zonder toestemming.

Word count: 1167  ✦  25.03.2024

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Tof dat je toch een verhaal hebt geschreven voor op de community, erg benieuwd naar je verdere werk!

Reputatie 2
Badge +2

Goed schreven en knap dat je 't in het Engels doet! :)

Reputatie 6

Hey, wat een tof idee om op deze manier verhalen te posten! Je hebt er een fan bij. ✨ Hopelijk post je gauw weer een nieuw creatief verhaal.

Reputatie 7
Badge +11

Ik doe ook aan creatief schrijven als hobby (fanfictie in vaak in de derdepersoonsperspectief, gedichten) in het Engels zo op zijn tijd. Al zijn mijn gedichten echter meer privé dan mijn fanfictie die ik binnenkort hoop te plaatsen op mijn Tumblr want met een ben ik al zeker een jaar bezig (combinatie van Good Omens & Lucifer, als je het mij vraagt zouden de karakters van beide series zo in elkaars wereld passen).

Voor mijn aankomende HBO studie tot Teacher Education In English / Engels docent Tweedegraads werkt dit alleen maar in mijn voordeel. Zo schreef ik volgens m'n MBO4 docent Keuzedeel Engels (B1/B2 Gevorderd/Vergevorderd maar hij gaf ons uiteindelijk op C1/C2 niveau les) met mijn examen een zakelijke brief met zincombinatie die hij nog nooit had gezien en van ontzettend hoog niveau was, al moest ik er wel op letten dat ik niet té moeilijke woorden gebruikte en niet te lange zinnen maakte want die neiging heb ik weleens.

Reageer