wat is echt nederlands tradition?

• 4 April 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 60 × bekeken

Reputatie 3
Badge +3

Hello
ik weet niet veel van Nederland nog maar wat is ijgenlijk de echte nederlandsche tradition en welk feestdagen? Ik zou graag meer over willen leren

greetings

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hii, welcome @Woo-Jin. One of our traditions is our holiday Sinterklaas. It's like an old white bearded guy giving presents to children. Kinda looks like Santa claus but then without the elves and the reindeer. 

People call windmiles, clogs and tulips also typically Dutch, but to be honest I don't know. No one ever walks around in clogs and tulips are Turkish i believe from originee. 

I do love the stroopwafel. That's really Dutch it you ask me.

Reputatie 3
Badge +3

Thank you @Starberry it is by the way a pleasure to meet you

grootings Woo-Jin

Reputatie 7
Badge +11

What's also typical Dutch is cycling, cheese and eating dinner at 6 P.M. and like @Starberry said, "de stroopwafel" or syrup waffle is a typical Dutch cookie; a waffle with apple or cinnamon syrup inbetween it. If you happen to go to a Dutch market and they sell them there, they're usually warm, freshly baked and huge (bigger than stroopwafels from like a supermarket called "Lidl" for example where I often get my stroopwafels from because those are pretty great).

You're supposed to put a stroopwafel over the top of a cup of hot coffee or tea for a small while and let the warmth/steam from that drink soften the stroopwafel a bit and then eat it. I personally never did this, nor knew this and I am Dutch but it sounds like fun!

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

other than stroopwafel, “oliebollen” (fried dough balls basically) are also really good and typical dutch food. all my non-dutch friends love them when they first try it. 

it is mostly eaten during new years but from november you can already find random stands with oliebollen everywhere. 

my family always makes their own during new years with raisins or apple! but you can fill them with almost anything :)

Reageer