A guy from Ukraine

• 25 May 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 171 × bekeken

Badge

Hi everyone! 

I'm 24 and I'm from Ukraine 🇺🇦.

I'm staying here in Hellevoetsluis (South Holland) till the end of summer and looking forward to meeting new people in the area, no matter age, gender or race 🙂 Just please be ready to speak English, as I try to learn Dutch but it takes time 🙃

Let's have some walk or bike ride? lmk 👋

p.s. if you're not from this area but still willing to meet me - let's do it! just /w me 😉

Helaas, dit topic is gesloten. Meestal is dat omdat er langere tijd niet op gereageerd is of omdat het onderwerp afgesloten is.

4 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +9

Hi VL,
Welcome to the Netherlands and good to see that you found this website 😀

Did you know there are also groups based on regions on this platform? What are your hobbies, do you like cooking or watching movies?

I hope you meet some nice people here!

Badge

Hi VL,
Welcome to the Netherlands and good to see that you found this website 😀

Did you know there are also groups based on regions on this platform? What are your hobbies, do you like cooking or watching movies?

I hope you meet some nice people here!

Hi there!

Didn't know about the regional groups, thank you!

In general, I like to do all kinds of things with good people around 🙂

Cooking's not my strong side, but if somebody can teach me some simple and tasty recipes, I'd be really glad 😉

Watching films - sure, why not! Can't say that's a hobby of mine, but it can be a nice thing to do depending on the film/series 😄

Regarding hobbies, I think I don't have something in particular, but I really want to learn swimming (while I'm here), can totally go fishing, camping, hiking or riding a bike. Oh, and I used to do a lot of photography and videography in early days. It'd be nice to try it again together with somebody, to share thoughts and exchange experience 🙂

I accept any suggestions and recommendations 😉

Welcome to the community VL!😊

This is a good way to get to know some Dutch people indeed! Unfortunately i'm not from near your region but if you feel like it we can chat 😊!

There are some Dutch foods that I think you should really try to eat (you could either make it yourself as the cooking hero you are i'm sure you will manage  ;) or you could buy/order it. But maybe you've already tried them, how long have you been in the Netherlands so far? 

As I read your get-to-know-you topic I think that you are quite an outdoor person, aren't you? What '’locations'’ do you like the most? The beach/the forest etc.?

I also love to ride on my (motor)bike.. but I don't think that's what you mean haha.

Have fun and I hope that you can meet a lot of people! 

Badge

Welcome to the community VL!😊

This is a good way to get to know some Dutch people indeed! Unfortunately i'm not from near your region but if you feel like it we can chat 😊!

There are some Dutch foods that I think you should really try to eat (you could either make it yourself as the cooking hero you are i'm sure you will manage  ;) or you could buy/order it. But maybe you've already tried them, how long have you been in the Netherlands so far? 

As I read your get-to-know-you topic I think that you are quite an outdoor person, aren't you? What '’locations'’ do you like the most? The beach/the forest etc.?

I also love to ride on my (motor)bike.. but I don't think that's what you mean haha.

Have fun and I hope that you can meet a lot of people! 

Hi, Rochella! Thank you for the warm greetings 😊

Indeed, I'm open to any new acquaintances right now and you never know where the life will bring you in a year or a few 😉 So yeah, let's do it! Can you send me your WhatsApp or maybe Telegram? 

Maar nee, ik ben geen cooking hero 😄 Though today we tried cooking Varenyky - our national dish - with my host family and everyone liked it) So now I for sure can be a little proud and recommend it to you and others 🙂

And regarding the Dutch meals - I think I've tried some during this month or so already, but not sure) can you name some?) We eat a lot of potatoes, meat, beans, greenery, and yoghurts - the last one is quite unusual to have after every eating 😅

I try to be outgoing as much as possible and not stay at home all the day, but have to admit - it's not easy to do without friends 🙃 I've walked and biked all around Hellevoetsluis and nearby, also visited a beach nearby several times. But visiting the same places for several times by yourself gets boring pretty quickly)

And believe me or not, but I've never driven a motorbike, so it's still something to discover) 

Thank you for your message and hope to hear from you again 🙂